Ending People pleasing & building Boundaries setting , How to say NO in life and work Intensive Workshop (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Are you a serial people pleaser, do you go out of your way to please other people so they will like you? Is it difficult for you to say no or express your opinion when it’s different from what others think or want? Do you often try to be a person others want you to be to fit in? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may have what is called a people-pleasing pattern.Boundaries are essential to our emotional wellbeing. They are the foundation of healthy relationships with others. They build trust, strengthen compassion, and keep resentment at bay. In the words of Brene Brown: "The most compassionate people are often the most boundaried."
Yet as important as boundaries are, setting them is neither simple nor easy! Many of us struggle to be clear within ourselves about the boundaries we want, let alone communicate them gracefully.
Sometimes we realize our boundary too late, when it's already been crossed and we've lost our temper or we are full of resentment. Other times, we know we need a boundary but put off setting it to avoid hurting someone's feelings or disappointing them. Regardless of the cause, unskillful boundary-setting can lead to disconnection, conflict, and in the most severe cases the rupturing of relationships we cherish.
How do we set boundaries in an empowered yet caring way? How do we stand our ground around what we want (or don’t want) and still remain open-hearted? Join us for an evening workshop to explore the art of boundary-setting! Learn how to clarify what your boundary is, how to ask for it effectively and with an open heart, and how to approach and negotiate boundary agreements that will really stick.
We will explore :
- What people-pleasing is, the roots of the habit, and the lies you tell yourself, that keep you loyal to the habit
- New language and concepts to help you negotiate healthy, sustainable boundaries
- Ways to identify the wants & needs that underlie your boundaries in any given situation so you can express them more clearly
- The ability to find your "no" and let it guide you toward an empowering "yes" that others want to get behind
- Strategies for eliminating blame, resentment and other disconnecting obstacles from your boundary-setting conversations
- Navigating the typical situations that stress out the pleaser within you.
- Assertiveness & authenticity in your interactions.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence
- Healthy Boundaries
- Ending the cycle of Toxic Relationships
- Greater self-awareness
- Let go of unhelpful habits and behaviours that hold you back
What you get
- Meet like-minded individuals
- Safe and Non judgemental space
- Interactive Discussion
- Work Sheets
- Digital Self Improvement Reading list
- Unlimited Drinks, Tea, Coffee & Biscuits
Arrive at 6.15pm grab some refreshments and relax we kick-off at 6.30pm When you arrive at WeWork, please sign in as a guest of mine (Della Michelle)
About Your Facilitator
Della Michelle is the founder of Love Yourself Anyway where she creates and facilitates life-changing emotional wellness and personal growth programs for individuals, workplace and schools. " Hi I am Della Michelle, I am curious about the human condition, and my work explores, The power of the mind & emotions, self-compassion, resilience courage. What holds us back? What makes us thrive and how to live a life we are inspired by? Everything I do is a product of my wellness journey to find more about how I went from pain to purpose visit www.loveyourselfanyway.co and while you are there sign up for weekly personal growth insights and motivation"
- Meetup Member£25£250£0