Overcome people-pleasing and regain your own voice and identity
Time & Location
About the Event
Are you a serial people pleaser, do you go out of your way to please other people so they will like you? Is it difficult for you to say no or express your opinion when it’s different from what others think or want? Do you often try to be a person others want you to be to fit in? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may have what is called a people-pleasing pattern.
This type of behaviour causes imbalanced relationships, stress, anxiety and even depression. People-pleasing can be addictive and can cause a person to compromise your values and way of being. I know first hand the debilitating effects of people-pleasing and the impact on our personal and professional lives
If you’ve ever felt, used, less than, undermined, overlooked, unheard, suppressed, taken advantage of, its time to wake up and take your life back.
What we will explore
- What people-pleasing is, the roots of the habit, and the lies you tell yourself, that keep you loyal to the habit
- Self Love, self-esteem and compassion
- Shame & Guilt
- Confidence Building and the power of NO
- Boundary setting
- Navigating the typical situations that stress out the pleaser within you.
- Assertiveness & authenticity in your interactions.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence
- Healthy Boundaries
- Ending the cycle of Toxic Relationships
- Greater self-awareness
- Let go of unhelpful habits and behaviours that hold you back
What you get
- Meet like-minded individuals
- Safe and Non judgemental space
- Interactive Discussion
- Work Sheets
- Digital Self Improvement Reading list
- Unlimited Drinks, Tea, Coffee & Biscuits
Arrive at 6.15pm grab some refreshments and relax we kick-off at 6.30pm When you arrive at WeWork, please sign in as a guest of mine (Della Michelle)
About Your Facilitator
Della Michelle is the founder of Love Yourself Anyway where she creates and facilitates life-changing emotional wellness and personal growth programs for individuals, workplace and schools. " Hi I am Della Michelle, I am curious about the human condition, and my work explores, The power of the mind & emotions, self-compassion, resilience courage. What holds us back? What makes us thrive and how to live a life we are inspired by? Everything I do is a product of my wellness journey to find more about how I went from pain to purpose visit www.loveyourselfanyway.co and while you are there sign up for weekly personal growth insights and motivation"
- Meetup Member£25£250£0