Sun, 22 Dec|
Why Self-Awareness Is a Super Power—and How to Cultivate It , Intimate Talk & Q &A (1)
This Talk & Discussion, Q&A will explore research around self-awareness, as well as tangible strategies for building it within yourself . The session provides a nurturing and supportive space to experience life-altering talk .
Time & Location
22 Dec 2019, 17:30 – 21:30
WeWork, 2 Eastbourne Terrace, Paddington, London W2 6AA, UK
About the Event
This Talk & Discussion, Q&A will explore research around self-awareness, as well as tangible strategies for building it within yourself . The session provides a nurturing and supportive space to experience life-altering talk and group discussion and other fun, releasing and relaxing exercises to help participants encourage self-awareness.
We usually identify our existence with our work, position in society, our friends and family. Our perception of self is often distorted by ideas and beliefs that don't belong to us and are other people projections of who we think we should be. Self-awareness is about learning to better understand why you feel what you feel and why you behave in a particular way. Once you begin to understand this concept you then have the opportunity and freedom to change things about yourself enabling you to create a life that you want. It’s almost impossible to change and become self-accepting if you are unsure as to who you are. Having clarity about who you are and what you want can be empowering, giving you the confidence to make changes.
What you can expect
- Understand why learning self-awareness is critical and how it relates to our personal and professional lives
- Explain the biology and brain science of self-awareness and where it sits today
- Identify your own beliefs, values, and motivators in relation to others
- Identify your stressors and how you react to them
- Explore everyday strategies to build self-awareness within yourself.
- Consider how our image of ourself may differ from how others see us
- Take stock of our own unconscious attitudes and beliefs
- Learn to recognise some common barriers to self- awareness, including projection, transference and resistance
1. Increased self-knowledge feel more self-assured in your thoughts and feelings
2. Accurate self-assessment
3. Increased self-confidence
4. More emotional awareness (and happiness)
5. Better relationships